Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Never Enough...

It's Never Enough, what kind of title is that? Well, my husband always asks me, "Why are you so hard on yourself? It's already perfect. Let it go." You'd think that man would know me by now, after almost 10 years of being together. But NOPE! He still has to ask. I know you're probably wondering what does that have to do with this picture.
It has everything to do with everything I do. It's never enough to just make it pretty, or shiny, wrap it up, and put in a box, ship it out and customer is happy. No way! Like my over controlling neat freak persona, it has to be perfect. Sorry, if all you Zen masters gurus out there thinks I should get over myself. But it's what makes me, me. Like I said, you'd think that man would know that by now. But hell No. What you see, is a SNAP SHOT OF MY BRAIN, in the creating PROCESS. I keep telling myself, it gets easier, I'll get better at releasing the CONTROL FREAK. but I'd be lying to myself. And we cant' have that. I'll save that for another rant. LOL...I got lots of those. What you're seeing is how my jewelry gets done, from being simple rolls of copper wire to bended and oxidized pieces of raw blackened un-polished jewelry. This is the stage where magic really gets done, where I purposely pick up the highlights and do my finish work. (can't give you all my secrets now) What's next...I get fresh air from the dust and give my numb fingers a needed break. Even if I use safety glasses and dust respirator, I still find I need to take breaks to let my fingers get blood flowing and heat off my face from being so in-closed. After that, it's walk away till the mood hit's to pick up where I left off...and do the marketing aspect of running my art business. Here's where my hubby looses it, I see the glazed over look in his eyes, as I start my do you know honey??? and poor guy, he gotta love me to put up with all my ART STUFF!!! AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...