Thursday, December 23, 2010

Art Therapy ....Addicted to Your Craft....Stone and Bone

Many times, going to a bead store or open market, can be like a kid in a candy store, but with out all the calories and cavities, {Well all most, my pocket book can sometimes take a jerk.} I walk in, my eyes get that glazed over sheen, the oohs and aahs start coming, and before I know it, I'm hooked. Like a fat little fish at the end of the line, dangling, dangling, dangling, until I give in and surrender to the lure of the little shiny beads, wires and pearls. Oh, and trust me when I say, they see our kind coming, They know we got the itch, the kind you just gotta scratch, they can see we need our fix. How I can tell they know, they look at us, and slowly start to bring out the little trays from behind their shelves, you know the ones, the ones they keep hidden, until fish like us come in the doors. They just know, and they can hear the ching, ching, ching.  And before we know it, our cute little muffin trays are plum full, and well at the point it's just to late, the damage is done.

We'll I'm probably over doing it a bit, but I doubt it. WE love what we do, and it shows. Being artist is breathing to us, whatever craft it may be, it matters, with out what we do this world we live in would just be gray, dull and simply boring. So accept the addiction, to whatever it is that you do, creating that is, and allow the juices to follow, who cares if heart palpitations come, just let them come. Enjoy the process, feel the happy high you get from mastering your craft, and allow others to share it with you.

Here's a few of my addictions....enjoy. {All rights reserved PKS 2010 (c)}
http://www.stoneandbone.etys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...